Monday, October 15, 2007

Interview of Ms. Blue Line…

Jai Shri Raawan

Dear Raawan Uncle

I am all proud to tell you that I am officially the first human being to communicate with a mechanical one. I was blessed with an opportunity to visit the dump yard where the cops are keeping all the confiscated blue line busses. I was there to get my car which was also confiscated by the cops just because it had a big blue line scratched on the bonnet. Probably the handy work of a neighbor’s brat. I don’t blame cops for the misunderstanding, they are specifically told to bring in all the blue lines.

As I entered the dump yard I saw my car was standing pretty with a parked blue line bus. Ordinarily I would have suffered a stroke seeing my baby standing so close to a bus. But then what can an innocent looking bus sitting pretty in a dump yard do to my car. Nothing… probably. As I stepped ahead to get my baby I heard some one sobbing. Sure enough the voice in concern was coming from the Blue Line bus. Startled, I asked “who is there?” “Its me Ms. Blue Line, the bus,” answered the poor ahhhhh… well bus, and started the interview which created history.

Me: I can’t believe a bus can speak.

Ms. Blue Line: If I can crawl, run, crush and crash, why do you think I cant speak.

Me: Yah but, you are a bus…

Ms. B.L.: You humans live with so many pre-conceived notions. Anyways to tell you the fact, its only I who can speak among my peers and also you are the only one who can hear me.

Me: So I am the lucky one

Ms. B.L.: Well if you are still alive despite being so close to me, then either I am not being driven or you are really lucky.

Me: Now there don’t scare me, tell me how did you land here and why were you crying?

Ms. B.L.: Tell you the fact I am feeling a little out of the place. I mean I am here being imprisoned for a mistake which I haven’t made.

Me: What do you mean by that, you guys (ahem…) have killed so many people still you think you are innocent?

Ms. B.L.: Well tell me what do you say when your computer stops working. I mean Kaboosh, nothing on the screen?

Me: I would say my computer is crashed.

Ms. B.L.: Yah right! It’s the Computer that crashed. Let me explain it to you its like blaming your computer for crashing though its your Disk Operating System which crashes. Bole to DOS, right?

Me: Right

Ms. B.L.: In my case my DriverS and OwnerS crash me its not I who crash them. Bole to they are the DOS in my case. They operate me I am not the one who operate them, and they are still out there in the open and what do I get, a synonym like Killer bus and imprisoned. Those drivers are killers not me.

Me: Well you have a point but then the government is all out to nab them also.

Ms. B.L.: It never happened and it would never happen in the future also. And talk about the government, remember when one of my sisters was crashed in a house by one of the errant drivers, all they did was, they changed our color from red to blue. As if Delhiites are all color blind, or may be the government think they are. Now, even I think Delhiites are color blind.

Me: What??? Ahem… ok what next?

Ms. B.L.: They will again change our color what else probably to a green, but personally I like magenta or black may be. I don’t know I am still confused about the color.

Me: So why don’t you retaliate? Do something to convey your feelings, by lets say, refuse to start in the morning or may be crush a traffic cop for a change.

Ms. B.L.: Oh no we have seen enough blood on the road already please don’t talk about it. I would share a secret with you we are planning an agitation and a march to the Jantar Mantar. I suggest you don’t travel on the day after tomorrow.

Me: Thanks for the information, but I think they have already planned to phase out you guys in less than a year.

Ms. B.L.: Well I know but what good it would be if they are going to hire the same set of un-trained drivers for the new busses.

Me: O Hello, I would like to mention The Metro here, what do you say about that?

Ms. B.L.: Aaah the Metro, if that’s the case I would like to dedicate a song for her, “Kar chale hum fida jaan-o-tan saathiyon ab tumhare hawaale Delhi saathiyon.” (Sob…)

Me: (Sob…)

Period…

Me: Would you like to dedicate a song for Delhiites also?

Ms. B.L.: Ya why not, “Kal khel mein hum hon na hon, gardish mein Delhi walon ke sitaare rahenge sada, bhoologe tum bhoolenge woh par hum tuhare rahenge sada.” (Even bigger Sob…)

Me: (even bigger Sob…)

Me: All the best and good bye (SOB…)

I could not muster enough courage to ask more questions, and left the dump yard with heavy heart and even lighter pocket. I am going to crush the neighbor’s cat under my car someday…

I know it would be rude of me to say to you to enjoy the Dussehra, but any ways Happy Dussehra. That’s Raawanism, LOL…

Chow for now,

Raawanistically yours

Chota Raawan

6 comments:

Praveen Verma said...

Vicks,

See I told you...you are improving with each of your article.....

This one is really very creative and hitting the root cause of a problem at the same time.

Philosphy with a touch of humor

What a combination

Keep it up brother

Looking forward for your next one

Happy annivasary

cheers

Pawan said...

thats something interesting...nice depiction of blue line or dead lines for delihities. really a good1.

Niharika Gogia said...

This is really very creative and humourous as you have always described me to write.

A offshore write up. Gud one Jiju.

Looking to the next one hope that will be something much more interesting.

Gud Luck.

Happy Anniversary

deepti said...

hey.. nice one jijs..
:)

Fighter Jet said...

You delivered one more time,fantastically!Rawan uncle must be having good time knowing that his cousin his doing so well.
Keep going great gun.

Jas B said...

I had mortal fear of the dreaded "red line buses" when I went to Delhi for my PhD. All the stuff about them in the newspapers while we were living in Punjab and Himachal scared me....and then I had to go to Delhi for my degree. I used to tell my Dad that he sent me to delhi so that either the pollution or the red line buses would kill me!